Waste management has a significant impact on our lives as well as the environment. Waste management, like Global Warming, is a pressing issue in the modern world; therefore, it is critical to educate oneself on the subject. Waste avoidance and reduction are critical components of waste management. Good techniques can be found all over the world, and good illustrations can aid in the establishment of new aspects of reuse and recycling. The collection, transportation, processing, recycling, and disposal of waste materials generated by human activity is referred to as waste management. It is one of the most important environmental aspects to be considered within educational institution.
- Promote the principle of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- Organise awareness programmes like workshops, expert talks and seminars on waste management system
- To determine the type, nature and estimated volumes of waste to be generated in the campus
- To identify any potential environmental impacts from the generation of waste in the Institution
- To recommend appropriate waste handling and disposal measures.
- To categorise the waste materials where practicable for disposal considerations especially landfill
- Providing awareness regarding the waste management by conducting various programmes like awareness classes, workshops and talks on waste management.
- Encourage the students and teachers to use E-books, E-journals, emails, Google classrooms, LMS – MOODLE for teaching learning practice
- Banned use of plastics in the campus
- Use of Steel plates instead of paper/plastic plates and glasses to minimize the use of degradable and non-degradable solid waste
- Installed Incinerators for the use of students that converts waste materials into heat, gas, steam, and ash.
- Burying the waste in the land.
- Leaf composters are placed in the college premises to enable gardeners to dispose-off the garden waste on-site rather than at garbage dumps
- Waste generated by the routine activities carried out by the students and teachers are collected by the Block Level Workers.
- Segregating and compiling the waste in the blue and green dustbins that would be shifted to the dumping yard from where the authorized vendors would collect, segregate and recycle them as per the guidelines given by the government.
- Waste water management Canals, outlets and waste pits are constructed to collect and treat the waste water from the canteen and other washbasins in the campus.
- Waste water management is successfully maintained in the hostel by channelizing bathing and washing water to the water treatment pit. Treated water is used to watering the plants, lawn, organic farming and drip irrigation
- A standard operating system is maintained for handling the hazardous waste water from labs.
- E-waste like Monitor, Mother board, Compact discs, Printers etc. in damaged conditions are either recycled or sold away using buy back options.