The add-on course on Structure Elucidation of Organic Molecules is designed to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the principles and techniques used in determining the molecular structure of organic compounds. The course is primarily targeted towards chemistry students, researchers, and professionals seeking to enhance their skills in identifying and characterizing organic molecules.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will have gained the following outcomes:
- Proficiency in interpreting and analyzing NMR, MS, IR, and UV-Vis spectra for structure elucidation purposes.
- The ability to determine the molecular formula, functional groups, and connectivity of organic molecules using a combination of spectroscopic techniques.
- Understanding of advanced NMR techniques to solve complex structural problems.
- Familiarity with molecular modeling tools to complement experimental data in structure determination.
- Improved problem-solving skills and critical thinking in the field of organic structure elucidation.
- Enhanced confidence to tackle real-world challenges in identifying unknown organic compounds.
- Overall, the course equips students with valuable skills and knowledge to become proficient in structure elucidation techniques, empowering them to pursue careers in various fields, including pharmaceuticals, research, and forensic sciences, where identifying and characterizing organic compounds are essential tasks.