Culinary arts deal with the preparation of food, are of cooking and presentation of food. Culinary arts train the students to prepare, cook and present food in an effective and attractive manner. These courses are beneficial to candidates who want to become make a career in the field of kitchen management, food and beverage management as well as other hospitality and food related job profiles
- To understand the principles and chemistry of foods and apply the principles during preparation, cooking and to understand the nutritive value of foods.
- To teach technology of milling of various cereals, basic composition and structure of cereals and legumes.
- To impart skills in the application of biological, chemical, biochemical, physical and engineering sciences in processing and preservation of milk and milk products.
- To study the application of food processing and preservation principles and technologies in the processing, preservation, extension of shelf life and value addition of fruit and vegetable products.
- To study about the processing of meat, poultry and sea foods, preservation of meat by various techniques.