Green Campus initiatives of the institution are meant to create awareness among the younger generation of the disastrous consequences of climatic change due to human intervention in natural resource depletion; to promote sustainable development; and to decipher methods to tackle the ongoing situation and avoid further catastrophe.
- Safeguard the bio diversity inside the campus.
- Replenish the ground water resource through effective scientific intervention.
- Reduce chemical poisoning of the edible plant products by promoting organic farming.
- Effectively manage bio degradable and non-biodegradable waste inside the campus.
- Create a plastic free environment.
- To minimize water, air and soil pollution.
- Rain water harvesting using a tank of 12 lakh litres volume , Open Well Recharging System using indigenous coconut husk technology, water recycling system to reuse waste water etc. are implemented to avoid wastage of water.
- Maintenance of an Aquatic Bio Park, Bio Diversity Park etc. to conserve endangered species.
- Bird feeding centre is maintained to attract and conserve the bird species of the locality, and to impart knowledge about various species to students.
- Labelling of plant species with QR coding is done to create awareness about the bio diversity.
- Insecticide free Poly House Farming of vegetable crops with the involvement of students, Mushroom cultivation workshop, Vermicomposting etc. are done to promote organic farming.
- The campus is made Plastic free. NSS volunteers its maintenance as a plastic free campus. Joining hands with The Clean Manjeri Scheme of Manjeri Muncipality we expect to remove all plastic wastes from the campus and nearby areas.
- Incinerators are provided in all bathroom units in the campus and hostel.
- Awareness class on the need for bio conservation is given to the students, staff and the localities by NSS and NCC.
- Entry of Vehicles other than that of the staff and students is restricted to limit pollution.
- Proper waste management in campus and hostel is ensured.